Apply to this Program »
The Path of Distinction in Research awards distinction at graduation for students earning the PharmD degree who conduct mentored research throughout pharmacy school and meet program standards for high achievement in research scholarship. A student who wishes to earn Path of Distinction in Research must complete a project. Path of Distinction in Research projects can be in any area of basic science, clinical, translational, health services, global health or population health research. The student must take substantial independent responsibility for the formulation of a hypothesis, data collection, data analysis and interpretation.
When to apply?
Applications due before October 1st of DPH-3 Year. Applications in the DPH-1 or DPH-2 year are encouraged. Students must be self-directed and independently motivated to seek faculty research lab opportunities.
- GPA 2.8 or above
- 12 research credits
- Approved Research Project with faculty mentor that includes activities such as:
- Research method/study design
- Responsible conduct of research
- Submission of a manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal
- Submission of a manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal. First authorship is encouraged but not required.