Apply to this Program »
The demand for pharmacists with AMS experience and training is increasing, and there is long-term need for pharmacists working in this field. Antimicrobial stewardship pharmacy goes beyond infectious diseases to include elements of administration, information technology, quality, education, research, communication, and infection control among other aspects. This diverse field has significant impacts on patient care.
When to apply?
Applications are due on the 3rd Friday in February of the DPH-2 year.
- GPA 2.8 or above
- 7 required credits (completed in PharmD Curriculum)
- 2 credit required elective (PHM PRAC 560)
- 1-3 credits additional elective
- One elective Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience(APPE) related to:
- Infectious Diseases
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Critical Care