Skip to main content
Orientation / 1st Semester / Temporary Advisor
- Each student is assigned a faculty member from a PSD Core (Drug Action, Drug Delivery, or Drug Discovery), based on self-reported research interests, to serve as his/her “Orientation Advisor” for the first semester. If students do not provide research interests, these temporary advisors are assigned based on the student’s past research experience.
- The role of the Orientation Advisor is to offer guidance in the selection of courses and rotations, and to be available to discuss advisee’s concerns and questions during the first fall semester. (Students should see their Orientation Advisors regarding the selection of classes prior to the first day of classes). After the first semester, these duties will be assumed by the student’s selected thesis advisor/major professor.
- Students may participate in rotations with any of the PSD faculty who are hosting new students (subject to availability).
- Consult any or all of the Orientation Advisors and additional PSD faculty to gain insight into the various PSD Cores, laboratories and courses. You will be meeting your assigned Orientation Advisor during the Orientation days.
- Schedule an appointment during orientation week to talk to your Orientation Advisor at length about course selection and rotation possibilities.