Formed during the 2015-2016 academic school year, the Leadership Development Track (or LDT for short) is a composite of activities identified through Phi Lambda Sigma, the School of Pharmacy and the profession of pharmacy as a way to hone individuals’ leadership goals and foster leadership development within the student body. PLS will be holding a ceremony at the end of the year to celebrate those who complete the LDT.
Below are the seven (7) requirements for the Leadership Development Track.
- Attend one professional conference per year:
- PSW Annual
- PSW Legislative Day
- PSW Educational Conference
- APhA Annual
- ASHP Annual or Mid-Year
- ACCP Annual
- Other (with approval)
- Attend 2019 Kremer’s Lecture (April 2nd 12:00 – 1:00 PM in Signe Skott Cooper Hall Auditorium)
- Complete the Career Fair Activity 2018
- Six business cards from booth holders
- One page reflection due by the end of winter break
- Attend one breakout session per semester:
- We will offer at least 3 breakout sessions per semester:
- A list of breakout session topics and dates are listed below
- Interested in leading a breakout session and getting credit for it? Contact us!
- Attend three breakfast talks/residency club meetings per semester:
- You can complete 3 breakfast talks or 3 residency club meetings or a combination of the two
- Attend one inter-professional event per year:
- Inter-professional health summit
- IPHC case competition
- MEDiC Noon-Talks (Do not have to be trained in MEDiC to attend)
- MEDiC Shifts DO NOT count
- Interprofessional Case Study (Fall Mini Summit)
- Other events as they come up during the year- watch for reminder emails or send us an email if they find something you are interested in!
- Attend one Required Elective per year
- Attending 1 additional breakout session
- Attending 1 additional residency club or breakfast talk
- Attending 1 additional inter-professional event
- Present a poster at a meeting/conference
- Lead a breakout session
- ASHP counseling event
- ACCP pharmacotherapy competition
For more details, see the Verification Form. In order to complete the LDT you must turn this form in . If you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to contact Andrea Gray(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jordan Hilsenhoff(email@example.com). If you are wondering if an event qualifies for one of the requirements, contact us!
If you want reminders for our events, please sign up on our listserv by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of Upcoming Leadership and Development Track Events
Monday, February 11th, 7:45-8:45 AM in Rennebohm room 1116. Kari Trapskin, Vice president of Health Care Quality Initiatives at PSW will be joining us.
Monday, March 11th, 7:45-8:45 AM in Rennebohm room 1116. Kyle Miller, supervisor of the specialty pharmacy at SSM Health, will be joining us.
Date TBD. We will be hosting a faculty panel on clinical practice and research opportunities outside of the School of Pharmacy.
- Tuesday, February 12th, 12:00-1:00 PM in Rennebohm room 2339. Join Katie Sherman and Rachel Kent to discuss taking on new leadership roles!
- Date TBD. We will be discussing self-care for busy professional students.
- Wednesday, March 13th, 6:00-7:00 PM in Rennebohm room 2233. We will be discussing executive presence.
- Tuesday, March 26th, 12:00-1:00 PM in Rennebohm room 2339. We will be discussing ways to update your CV!
- Date TBD. We will be discussing professional speaking.
- Date TBD. We will be discussing how to get the most out of your DPH-2 internship.
- Wednesday, March 13th, 5:00-5:45 PM in Rennebohm room 2006. We will be having an admin residents panel.
- #2 Date TBD
Celebration Ceremony for LDT Completers!
Coffee, Cake and Certificates!