The Student College of Clinical Pharmacy (SCCP) is the student chapter of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) and serves to educate students about the field of Clinical Pharmacy.
There are 5 core values of ACCP that SCCP-UW Madison are characterized by including:
- Passion for extending the frontiers of clinical pharmacy.
- Dedication to excellence in patient care, research, and education.
- Commitment to challenge the status quo, state our beliefs, and act on them.
- Integrity, honesty, reliability, and accountability in all actions.
- Courage to lead while remaining responsive to the needs of members.
The mission statement of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy includes:
“The American College of Clinical Pharmacy’s purpose is to advance human health by extending the frontiers of clinical pharmacy. Through strategic initiatives, partnerships, collaborations, and alliances, ACCP:
- Provides leadership, professional development, advocacy, and resources that enable clinical pharmacists to achieve excellence in practice, research, and education.
- Advances clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy through support and promotion of research, training, and education.
- Promotes innovative science, develops successful models of practice, and disseminates new knowledge to advance pharmacotherapy and patient care.”