All Doctor of Pharmacy students are required to have access to a Windows or Macintosh laptop during class with the following specifications.
- Processor: Intel Core Processor, Core i3 or higher (i5 or i7 recommended)
- Memory: 4 GB (8 GB or higher recommended)
- Hard Drive: 128 GB or higher (256 GB SSD or higher recommended)
- Wireless Network: required (802.11ac recommended)
- Warranty: Two to four years (recommended)
- HDMI output or have an adapter for HDMI output if you want to project in the classrooms with your laptop (recommended)
- Operating System (must be patched)
- Windows: 10 (10 Professional recommended)
- Mac: macOS 10.13 or higher
Additional requirements to review and complete when you arrive on campus.
Students are not required to purchase a laptop computer. They are required to have a computer available during class. Most students already own laptops. Students without a laptop can either purchase one using the UW-Madison educational discounts at the DoIT TechStore. If your laptop is not working, you can check out a laptop from UW InfoLabs Equipment Checkout System