The mission of the UW-Madison School of Pharmacy is to create an atmosphere that fosters success. We are committed to providing quality academic advising in an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and supportive. Our programs and services encourage the development of educational, life, and professional goals by empowering students throughout their academic careers.
Advising is available for current PharmD students and for prospective students who are preparing to apply to the PharmD program or to the Pharmacology & Toxicology program.
Effective academic advising will:
- Play a consistent and integral role in student learning and development
- Promote a collaborative relationship between advisor and student
- Facilitate a positive attitude toward lifelong learning
- Value a mutual respect and shared responsibility between advisor and student
- Support engaged and active participation by advisors and students
If you experience a personal emergency or death in the family, please contact the Student and Academic Affairs Office at (608) 262-6234 as soon as possible. We can help to facilitate communications with faculty members and ensure that you are supported through your difficult time.